Tuesday, January 27, 2009

3D Realism continued...




Hello again, well its back to the grind of 3D, and I've made alot of progress with the 3D girl character as you can see. My plan is to fully rig the character and create a short animation piece with her. The further I get into this project though, the slower my machine gets at being able to process all of the details, textures, polygon counts etc. So I have to be quite patient myself. Rigging a high polygon character such as this is very time consuming and memory intensive but it will be worth it when its all finished. I'm currently designing clothes and I'm still trying to figure out the best way of doing the hair. Using hair modifiers such as the one that comes with 3dsmax is almost impossible with only 2 gigs of memory. So I decided to try with Nurbs surfaces and hand painted textures, which seems to be the most promising method so far. Well thats whats on her head in this image. Next month I should have some animation tests uploaded.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I'm going to upload the short film I animated for the BBC to my website www.narfnarf.com it should be up in a couple of days.

cheers

F

No comments: